Now Accepting Volunteers
Hope House is always looking for active community members who want to make a difference. If you have a way that you can help Hope House please volunteer now! We are accepting volunteers for both the Transitional Shelter, Bridges Out of Poverty, as well as various other services that we need.
Please see the volunteering opportunities listed below to see how you can help today!
Shelter Office Volunteer
- Answers the door for visitors and residents
- Answers the phone
- Gives minimal assistance to residents
- Contacts “on call” staff for emergencies
3-hour shifts are on Saturday, Sunday and Holidays.
There are 4 shifts per day as follows:
9 a.m.-12 p.m./12-3 p.m. / 3-6 p.m. / 6-9 p.m.
Volunteers sign up for what shift fits their schedules.
You may volunteer as often as you like.
A short training period is provided.
You must be 18 years old. Background checks are done for Hope House volunteers.
Become an Ally
- Assist and offer support to a Getting Ahead graduate family
- Attend a bi-monthly meetings with STEP Up Leader.
- Assist STEP Up Leaders in reaching their goals.
- Work with the STEP Up Leaders and offer ongoing support which may take place outside of regularly scheduled meetings.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to offer support to others through networking and personal encouragement.
- Complete a six hour Bridges Out of Poverty Training.
- Complete a three hour Ally Training.
- (Both trainings must be completed prior to meeting with the STEP Up Leader)
Other ways to volunteer at Hope House
There are many ways to volunteer with Hope House. Along with our Shelter Volunteer program and becoming an Ally we accept volunteer services for various projects & tasks. These tasks may include cleaning, painting, outdoor work, special event assistance, etc.
There’s no wrong way to help! Just fill out the form below to get started.
Become a Hope House Volunteer
Interested in becoming a volunteer at Hope House?
If you are interested in either volunteering as an office assistant at the Hope House Transitional Shelter or becoming a Bridges Out of Poverty Ally, please submit your information using the form.
A Hope House representative will follow-up with you with further instructions on our volunteering process and point you in the right direction if further information or actions are required.
Thank you for your participation in helping to eliminate homelessness and alleviate poverty from our community!